- Top 10 Amazing Ways to substitute Beauty Products with LemonPosted 3 days ago
- Top 10 Mobile Apps for Drivers and Car LoversPosted 2 weeks ago
- List of Top 10 Foods that Are Harmful for DigestionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Top 10 Reasons to Reduce Your Mobile DependencePosted 3 weeks ago
- Top 10 Ways how Technology Rewires Our BrainsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Top 10 Best Gadgets of 2015Posted 4 weeks ago
- Top 10 Strange & Unusal Stories About WinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Top 10 Facts about Brain that how it worksPosted 4 weeks ago
- Top 10 Extremely Common Scientific MythsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Top 10 Most Abused Drugs and its EffectsPosted 1 month ago
Top 10 Animals That No Longer Exist
The creatures, that have been inhabitants on the earth even prior to people, were animals. It is impossible to imagine life without these living beings. Today, domestic animals, for example, have become part of a family. Wild animals, however, are always attractive and interesting. It is a real pleasure to visit a zoo and watch those interesting animals behind the bars, trying to feed them or taking lots of pictures of them. Unfortunately some of the species of certain genus are on the edge of disappearing from the earth. Special measures are taken to help those unique animals survive.
What concerns ancient times, there were numerous animals and birds that inhabited on the earth, but during time fully vanished and are considered to be extinct now. You can meet them either in books or watch in documentary films. Let’s have a look at the list of top 10 animals that no longer exist.
10. Dodo (Raphus Cucullatus)
This extinct bird, from the family of pigeons and doves, was native to the island of Mauritius, east of Madagascar in the Indian Ocean. In comparison with today’s birds, this one was a huge one, weighing about 10-18 kg, with a height of one meter. Unfortunately, there is no exact picture of the bird, only some sketches of the real specimen can be found now. According to records, they have had brownish-grey plumage, a tuft of tail feathers, a grey bald head, yellowish feet, while the beak was black, yellow, and green. The bird had a short life. Once it was discovered in the 16th century, it took less than a century for the bird to no longer exist, though the extinction of the latter was not noticed by people immediately. The reason was that the birds became source of food, since they were easy to be hunted by the sailors.