- Top 10 Lasik centers in USAPosted 45 mins ago
- Top 10 health problem in AmericaPosted 3 days ago
- Top 10 Internet-censored countriesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Top 10 best 2014 Application for Android MobilePosted 2 weeks ago
- Top 10 Greatest Actress of All TimePosted 3 weeks ago
- Top 10 Highest Grossing Companies WorldwidePosted 3 weeks ago
- Top 10 Weirdest Laws in the WorldPosted 1 month ago
- Top 10 Most Popular Wearable Tech GadgetsPosted 2 months ago
- Top 10 most Creative Billboards AdvertisementsPosted 2 months ago
- Top 10 best Hospitals in USPosted 2 months ago
Top 10 Animals That No Longer Exist
The creatures, that have been inhabitants on the earth even prior to people, were animals. It is impossible to imagine life without these living beings. Today, domestic animals, for example, have become part of a family. Wild animals, however, are always attractive and interesting. It is a real pleasure to visit a zoo and watch those interesting animals behind the bars, trying to feed them or taking lots of pictures of them. Unfortunately some of the species of certain genus are on the edge of disappearing from the earth. Special measures are taken to help those unique animals survive.
What concerns ancient times, there were numerous animals and birds that inhabited on the earth, but during time fully vanished and are considered to be extinct now. You can meet them either in books or watch in documentary films. Let’s have a look at the list of top 10 animals that no longer exist.
10. Dodo (Raphus Cucullatus)
This extinct bird, from the family of pigeons and doves, was native to the island of Mauritius, east of Madagascar in the Indian Ocean. In comparison with today’s birds, this one was a huge one, weighing about 10-18 kg, with a height of one meter. Unfortunately, there is no exact picture of the bird, only some sketches of the real specimen can be found now. According to records, they have had brownish-grey plumage, a tuft of tail feathers, a grey bald head, yellowish feet, while the beak was black, yellow, and green. The bird had a short life. Once it was discovered in the 16th century, it took less than a century for the bird to no longer exist, though the extinction of the latter was not noticed by people immediately. The reason was that the birds became source of food, since they were easy to be hunted by the sailors.