- Top 10 Online Shopping In IndiaPosted 38 mins ago
- Top 10 Tech Start Up Cities in the WorldPosted 5 days ago
- Top 10 Business Risk- That has to be keep in MindPosted 2 weeks ago
- Top 10 Wellness Tips- How to Promote Health and WellnessPosted 2 weeks ago
- World Top 10 – Innovative Companies in HealthcarePosted 2 weeks ago
- Top 10 Animals- Adaptation to Desert EnvironmentPosted 3 weeks ago
- 10 Beauty Brands in the World under BudgetPosted 3 weeks ago
- Top 10 Best Educational Applications for Android PhonesPosted 3 weeks ago
- Top 10 Fascinating pet animals in the worldPosted 4 weeks ago
- Top 10 best Educational system countries in the worldPosted 4 weeks ago
Top 10 Animals That No Longer Exist
The creatures, that have been inhabitants on the earth even prior to people, were animals. It is impossible to imagine life without these living beings. Today, domestic animals, for example, have become part of a family. Wild animals, however, are always attractive and interesting. It is a real pleasure to visit a zoo and watch those interesting animals behind the bars, trying to feed them or taking lots of pictures of them. Unfortunately some of the species of certain genus are on the edge of disappearing from the earth. Special measures are taken to help those unique animals survive.
What concerns ancient times, there were numerous animals and birds that inhabited on the earth, but during time fully vanished and are considered to be extinct now. You can meet them either in books or watch in documentary films. Let’s have a look at the list of top 10 animals that no longer exist.
10. Dodo (Raphus Cucullatus)
This extinct bird, from the family of pigeons and doves, was native to the island of Mauritius, east of Madagascar in the Indian Ocean. In comparison with today’s birds, this one was a huge one, weighing about 10-18 kg, with a height of one meter. Unfortunately, there is no exact picture of the bird, only some sketches of the real specimen can be found now. According to records, they have had brownish-grey plumage, a tuft of tail feathers, a grey bald head, yellowish feet, while the beak was black, yellow, and green. The bird had a short life. Once it was discovered in the 16th century, it took less than a century for the bird to no longer exist, though the extinction of the latter was not noticed by people immediately. The reason was that the birds became source of food, since they were easy to be hunted by the sailors.