- Top 10 Real Facts to Surf the Web like a HackerPosted 5 days ago
- Top 10 Recent ITIF’s (Information Technology and Innovation Foundation) Net Neutrality HitsPosted 6 days ago
- Top 10 Real Ways for Brains ManipulationPosted 1 week ago
- Top 10 Healthcare Data BreachesPosted 2 weeks ago
- The 10 Most Mysterious Real Cyber CrimesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Top 10 Nutrition Facts That Everyone Accept itPosted 2 weeks ago
- Top 10 Bollywood Movies Inspired By Real-life StoriesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Top 10 Emerging Technology to Satisfy UsersPosted 3 weeks ago
- Top 10 Deadly Attacks incident on human from Unusual AnimalsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Top 10 Ways to Speed up Career AdvancementPosted 1 month ago
Top 10 Animals That No Longer Exist
The creatures, that have been inhabitants on the earth even prior to people, were animals. It is impossible to imagine life without these living beings. Today, domestic animals, for example, have become part of a family. Wild animals, however, are always attractive and interesting. It is a real pleasure to visit a zoo and watch those interesting animals behind the bars, trying to feed them or taking lots of pictures of them. Unfortunately some of the species of certain genus are on the edge of disappearing from the earth. Special measures are taken to help those unique animals survive.
What concerns ancient times, there were numerous animals and birds that inhabited on the earth, but during time fully vanished and are considered to be extinct now. You can meet them either in books or watch in documentary films. Let’s have a look at the list of top 10 animals that no longer exist.
10. Dodo (Raphus Cucullatus)
This extinct bird, from the family of pigeons and doves, was native to the island of Mauritius, east of Madagascar in the Indian Ocean. In comparison with today’s birds, this one was a huge one, weighing about 10-18 kg, with a height of one meter. Unfortunately, there is no exact picture of the bird, only some sketches of the real specimen can be found now. According to records, they have had brownish-grey plumage, a tuft of tail feathers, a grey bald head, yellowish feet, while the beak was black, yellow, and green. The bird had a short life. Once it was discovered in the 16th century, it took less than a century for the bird to no longer exist, though the extinction of the latter was not noticed by people immediately. The reason was that the birds became source of food, since they were easy to be hunted by the sailors.