- Top 10 Real Things You Need to Know About iPhone 7Posted 5 hours ago
- Top 10 Best Off Road Vehicles You can buy in 2015Posted 5 days ago
- Top 10 Ways Real Positive facts for People to get rid of Negative EnergyPosted 1 week ago
- Top 10 Latest Tattoo Designs in fashion to express lovePosted 2 weeks ago
- Top 10 gifts for father’s dayPosted 3 weeks ago
- Top 10 Things Windows 10 Will doPosted 3 weeks ago
- Top 10 nail polish trends in 2015Posted 3 weeks ago
- Top 10 eyeliner styles in 2015Posted 4 weeks ago
- Top 10 Best Hosting company to start your website in 2015Posted 4 weeks ago
- Top 10 Real Facts for Small Business to FailPosted 1 month ago
Top 10 Animals That No Longer Exist
The creatures, that have been inhabitants on the earth even prior to people, were animals. It is impossible to imagine life without these living beings. Today, domestic animals, for example, have become part of a family. Wild animals, however, are always attractive and interesting. It is a real pleasure to visit a zoo and watch those interesting animals behind the bars, trying to feed them or taking lots of pictures of them. Unfortunately some of the species of certain genus are on the edge of disappearing from the earth. Special measures are taken to help those unique animals survive.
What concerns ancient times, there were numerous animals and birds that inhabited on the earth, but during time fully vanished and are considered to be extinct now. You can meet them either in books or watch in documentary films. Let’s have a look at the list of top 10 animals that no longer exist.
10. Dodo (Raphus Cucullatus)
This extinct bird, from the family of pigeons and doves, was native to the island of Mauritius, east of Madagascar in the Indian Ocean. In comparison with today’s birds, this one was a huge one, weighing about 10-18 kg, with a height of one meter. Unfortunately, there is no exact picture of the bird, only some sketches of the real specimen can be found now. According to records, they have had brownish-grey plumage, a tuft of tail feathers, a grey bald head, yellowish feet, while the beak was black, yellow, and green. The bird had a short life. Once it was discovered in the 16th century, it took less than a century for the bird to no longer exist, though the extinction of the latter was not noticed by people immediately. The reason was that the birds became source of food, since they were easy to be hunted by the sailors.